2 cups Almond Milk (unsweetened)
2 frozen or really ripe bananas
3 Tbsp Apple Sauce (unsweetened)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda (aluminium free)
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1/2 tsp Spice Sanctuary Cardamom Ground
1/4 tsp Spice Sanctuary True Cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped walnut pieces
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 Tsp Spice Sanctuary Turmeric
6 twists of Spice Sanctuary Peppermill Pizzazz Spice Blend (or 1/4 tsp if manually grinding)
How to Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a loaf pan with some melted coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and add in the wet ingredients: almond milk, apple sauce and vanilla extract and mix well.
3. In another bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients except for the coconut oil, turmeric and peppermill pizzazz.
4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients in with the wet until you get a fairly thick batter.
5. Melt the coconut oil and add in the turmeric and peppermill mix into the oil and combine well so that the anti-inflammatory properties get to work.
6. Now, add in the turmeric mixture into the batter and fold in really well.
7. Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Allow the bread to cool before turning out. If you're feeling adventurous, you can ice the bread with my chocolate dipper sauce.
How to Enjoy:
You can cut into slices or squares and enjoy this guilt free with a cup of Golden Milk for a real turmeric boost or with any herbal tea!